Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Please Pray For...

...DD#1. She is having palate expansion surgery tomorrow, which will bring her top teeth into proper alignment with her lower teeth. She has an appliance in place that I will have to crank twice a day, about four days after her surgery, that will help move her teeth and jaw into place.

This condition must be genetic, as I had a similar appliance in my mouth, but didn't have to have surgery.

The surgery is considered minor, although she will be under anesthetic, she'll come home the same day. Since she is a redhead (peaches & cream complextion, freckles everywhere, green eyes), the doctor warned her she'll probably swell terribly and possibly bruise. Still, it's surgery and she is my child, my baby, and prayers couldn't hurt! ;)

If all goes as planned she won't miss any classes at the local Community College.

Hubs and I are both taking the day off (I took today off as well) tomorrow. Hubs does not do well waiting--we went for a walk during DD#2's tonsillectomy last year, after giving the receptionist our cell phone numbers. If it's raining, I don't know what I'm going to do with him!