Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oscar Madness

Bless me, Oscar, for I have sinned. It has been a year since my last viewing of the Academy Awards and I have seen none of the nominees...

I'm not as big a movie-goer as Hubs is. But I average one movie a month. Usually it's family fair, PG-13 with an occasional R.

Somehow, despite the presence of George Clooney and Sandra Bullock, I have managed to miss every single one of this year's Best Picture nominations.

I prefer my sermons in Church rather than in the theater, unless they are slyly delivered and with panache. I prefer my history balanced. And I would rather that married couples not cheat on each other, regardless of the sex of the object d' affection.

How could Narnia not get a nod? (HP IV being omitted I can understand--there are three more to go!) What about Cinderella Man? Series of Unfortunate Events? Serenity?

Yeah, right.

Not even March of the Penguins (which I didn't see) is on their. Do you think the Academy thought it was about protesting nuns? Or, maybe, if the movie had been about protesting nuns, it would have been nominated.

And then Hollywood wonders why the General Public doesn't go to movies anymore. (Besides the $10.00 ticket prices--$6.00 for a matinee.)

Sheesh.