Saturday, August 27, 2005

Classic Dames

Several years ago, a group of us went out for beers after work. Nothing remarkable about it, really, except that only two of us were women. I looked around and asked the other woman, a good friend of mine, "Were you always 'one of the guys'?"

She knew immediately what I meant. "Yes," she answered.

"I guess that makes us dames," I said. And she laughed.

Instead of "Maiden-Mother-Crone," I was "Tomboy-Gal-..." Now I'm a Dame. So this quiz comes along at the perfect time.

And if I had to be a dame, Roz Russell would be one of my top choices (Katharine Hepburn would, of course, be another). Gypsy, Auntie Mame, His Girl Friday, The Trouble With Angels--I can identify with those characters!

(The Trouble With Angels was based on a great book, Life With Mother Superior by Jane Trahey. I received that book the summer before I started at an all-girls Catholic high school. Although not a boarding school, I had similar experiences. The movie doesn't begin to do the book justice!)

Rosalind Russell
You scored 16% grit, 38% wit, 28% flair, and 23% class!

You are one wise-cracking lady, always quick with a clever remark and
easily able to keep up with the quips and puns that come along with the
nutty situations you find yourself in. You're usually able to talk your
way out of any jam, and even if you can't, you at least make it more
interesting with your biting wit. You can match the smartest guy around
line for line, and you've got an open mind that allows you to get what
you want, even if you don't recognize it at first. Your leading men
include Cary Grant and Clark Gable, men who can keep up with you.


Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the
Classic Leading Man Test.




My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 0% on grit
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on wit
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 0% on flair
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 75% on class
Link: The Classic Dames Test written by gidgetgoes on OkCupid Free Online Dating


(H/T: The Anchoress)