Thursday, August 18, 2005

Catching Up

This is what happens when I absent myself from "The Real World" for a week--everything goes nuts. So now I'm trying to catch up with and make sense of Cindy Sheehan, Air America, and Able Danger. One of the problems I have is that I've been skimming through articles in my local paper and on my favorite blogsites. But I have the same problem reading blogs as I do when I read an encyclopedia or a dictionary: one post links to another and pretty soon I don't know where I am.

For example, I thought I read a quote by Ms. Sheehan where she claimed that "...if I knew where this war was going, I would have taken Casey to Canada." I thought it was an interesting quote: how do you "take" your adult child somewhere he (or she) may not want to go? What would she have done if Casey had said, "No, Mom, I'm not going." What about her other kids--would she have uprooted her entire family to save one child?

The problem is, however, I cannot find the quote. It's not on Michelle Malkin, The Anchoress, or Angry in The Great White North, who I know have been commenting extensively on Ms. Sheehan. I might have read it in my local paper, which makes finding it an entirely different problem.

I could have a notebook handy when I read so that I could jot down names, titles, and sources. The problem is that often something strikes me as being comment-worthy long after I've read about it. And often it is something I didn't realize I was going to comment on at the time.

How do other bloggers handle this?

And how in the heck does The Anchoress find time to read all these different blogs???