Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas Is Coming, The Goose Is Getting Fat...

I wish it were just the goose!

Last night was the Christmas party for our company. This is one of the few places I've worked where spouses are invited, which makes it rather nice. Hubs and I get to have a "date night" without breaking the family budget.

I had the whole evening planned out. Hubs met me at work and we walked over to the California Street Cable Car Line. We had plenty of time, so we went to the lobby of the Hyatt Regency which has a wonderful and elaborate "Snow Village" display. The pieces are part of a personal collection of a man who set the entire thing up just so other people can enjoy it. He has several types of villages and cities, including a farm and a ranch. There were trains, street cars, and airplanes. There were skaters and skiers and kids visiting Santa. I don't know how long it took to set the displays up and I hate to think about storing all the pieces.

The Cable Car Line was down, so we ended up taking the bus. Not quite as romantic, but cheaper.

Then we got to eat and drink and talk to adults. We discussed kids, but we also got to talk about other things. Thankfully, politics was not a topic!

Today the phones have been very quiet.

Tonight I have a dinner with a group of women friends who get together to share rubber stamp art techniques. Tommorrow night is the holiday dinner for Hubs' company.

Dinner will be simple and low-calorie on Saturday and Sunday...