Thursday, September 15, 2005

On Underwear

In one of life's odder moments, my underwear decided to self-destruct last week. Granted, I was getting to the stage of "I have got to do some laundry" but still. The elastic had some bite left to it; rather, it was the material that decided to fall apart. It was time for a trip to the local warehouse store anyway, so I picked up a new pack.

When I get a new pack of anything, I generally cycle the new stuff in gradually. Not this time. All seven pairs were placed in my underwear drawer. And when I did the laundry (finally), I went through and tossed out all my blessed underwear (because it was holey--old joke, sorry).

Yes, I did wash the underwear I knew I was going toss before I tossed it. I'm not sure why I do that. I'm sure the microbes in the landfill don't care. But I do. Maybe Sigmund, Alfred, and Carl can explain it.