Monday, September 19, 2005

Getting to Know Me...

Getting to Know Me ...

5 things I plan to do before I die:
Publish a novel
Travel across the United States
Travel to Ireland and Scotland
Visit Lourdes and the village in France where my great-grandfather is from
Spend my children’s inheritance

5 things I can do:
Organize and run a day camp for 150 kids & adults
Keep track of five conversations at a time
Be heard in the back of the church without a microphone
Teach swimming & canoeing
Let kids solve their own problems

5 things I cannot do:
Read music well
Sing on-key all the time or harmonize
Sew
Draw or paint
Be a homemaker in the traditional sense

5 things that attract me to the opposite sex:
Humor and a sense of the absurd
Intelligence
Kindness
Strength
Love!

5 things I say most often:
Ladies! Or, Gentlemen! (When I’m trying to get the attention of my Scouts)
Your father and I have to talk about Christmas. (It’s a family code word for “We’re going to our bedroom and don’t interrupt us!”)
Ask lots of good questions! (As they head off to school.)
Now what? (Kind of self-explanatory, I think… J)
The bus is leaving. (Get to the car NOW—I’m leaving!)

5 celebrity crushes:
Richard Chamberlain (Yes, I know he's gay. Like I'd have a chance, anyhow! ;)
Mel Gibson
Russell Crowe
Jim Caviezel (I’m surprised Julie didn’t include him!)
Sean Connery, although Patrick Stewart is really close here…

5 people I want to do this:
1. Karen (A View From My Chair)
2. Ephiphany (Minivan Mom)
3. ukok
4. Manolo (of Manolo’s Shoe Blog)
5. Baldilocks