Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Harry Pottermania

I have to admit it--I'm bummed. The new covers for the last Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling hasn't updated her website.

I keep checking back to see if the "Do Not Disturb" sign is no longer hanging from the doorknob, but it's still there.

Pottermania is slowly going to get worse around these parts as the new movie and the book release are scheduled for the same month. And I may not have a chance to read the book before I leave for Japan. There's a 65 lb. maximum weight, so packing is at a premium.

Until then, let the speculation begin!

(My own personal theories: Harry defeats Voldemort but loses his magical ability and becomes a Muggle. Aunt Petunia does something heroic to justify Dumbledore's faith in her "blood oath" agreement to care for Harry. I think that Harry, Hermione, and Ron are too young to become the Defense Against Dark Arts professors, but Hermione might become the assistant. Or she'll assist McGonigal.)