Thursday, March 29, 2007

God's Sense of Humor

Let it not be said that God does not have a sense of humor.

One of my office mates has four tickets to several Giants games next week. Good seats. The two night games are Wednesday and Thursday. I contact Hubs who picks Thursday because he has Fridays off and he doesn't have to get up at 0-dark-thirty after getting home around midnight.

Of course, it's also Holy Thursday.

Now, DS#2--who loves baseball--is on Spring Break that week. DD#2--who isn't thrilled about baseball, per se, but is up for any adventure in The City--has a minimum day (because it's Holy Thursday). The stadium is just about a mile from my office. I also have Friday off--because it's Good Friday. So I don't have to worry about getting home late and getting up to go to work at almost-0-dark-thirty.

But I love the Triduum Services. And DD#2 is going to training this Saturday to be a Thurifer (incense bearer).

But I know I'll be praying at the Giants Game. And they're playing the San Diego Padres, of all teams. And at least the game isn't on Good Friday which is definitely not the day to be celebrating and having a good time.

We're going to the game. As a family (or at least part of a family). Who am I to ignore God's clue-by-four?