Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Ta-Da! The Final Stationery Set

The following cards were my Christmas gift to my cousins, sisters, in-laws, outlaws, and friends. In exchange, I received homemade goodies and teas--a fair trade, since I don't bake!

In all, I made about 25 sets, and I ended up with a couple of sets for myself. Once I come up with a design, I do the rest as an "assembly line" and I can do one set in about an hour or two. Every card has an envelope with an accent that follows the theme.

My only "rule" is that the cards are used. The record for turnaround is the year Sis#2 got her set the night of Christmas Eve and used one as a birthday card for our mom--Christmas night.

I can't remember how long I've been doing this now. DD#2 thinks it's at least ten years. (She could be right.) And everyone still is excited to receive them at our annual Christmas Eve party.

They made with rubber stamps card stock. Vellum and handmade paper was used as accents on some of the cards. Some images were embossed using powder while Pearl Ex or Perfect Pearls (basically pigment powder) was used on the others.

One of them is a goof that I was able to salvage, sort of. I stamped the initial upside down. I stamped it again the right way and it made kind of an interesting design. DD#1 thought it was cool and suggested I do all the initial cards that way, but I didn't want to tempt fate!

If you're interested, e-mail me (march.hare@comcast.net) for more details.