Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

One of the best things about being a Catholic is that we have lots of chances to make resolutions, with Advent and Lent being the best known. Plus we have the traditional New Year. And the Tuesday after Labor Day, the Official Start of the School Year--although that's been creeping into the middle of August around here.

My Resolutions don't change radically from year to year or from Season to Season. What does change is that I have become more specific about the actions I will take to achieve my goals.

So, in no particular order, here are my Resolutions for 2007:

*Get back to my Goal Weight. (If you've ever done Weight Watchers, you'll know what I mean!)

*Do one set of Christmas Gift stationery each month so I'll be done by December 1.

*Send out Special Occasion cards on time!
*
Use some of the paper/stamps/embellishments/ink/envelopes I've been hoarding. Scan the cards and then send them!

*And the big one for this year: have the house clean enough to host DD#2's 8th Grade Graduation party (for the family, anyway). This involves many, many sub-categories, such as clearing out much junk that seems to accumulate.
*Donate at least one bag of used clothes or goods to Goodwill/St. Vincent de Paul/ or other charities each month. Donating uniforms to the school Uniform Bank will also count!
*Go through all the Cub Scout stuff that I have and donate it to the Pack. DS#2 has been in Boy Scouts now for five years. It's time to go through all the stuff I accumulated as a Den Leader and Pass It On.
*Same with the Brownie Girl Scout stuff. Although some of that I can take to Japan.

*Write more. Whine less.