Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Easter! And a Blessed Passover, As Well

Remember the fuss over "Merry Christmas"? Today I tried a different experiment. Today I wished everyone I encountered "Happy Easter!"

To a person, I received smiles and a "Happy Easter!" in return.

I confess, I'm not surprised. Most of those I saw today at the doctor's office and the store were Hispanic or Filipino. The deck was stacked, so to speak, in favor of Christians.

Still, the fact that they were pleased tells me volumes. Greeting someone with a "Happy Easter" just isn't very common. In fact, Easter is still primarily a religious holiday, rather than a commercial one. And that's fine with me!

I'm always pleased when Passover coincides with Easter, since Passover is an important part of Christian history as well as Jewish. So, Happy Passover to all! May you find your faith deepening and your family strengthened through these holidays.