Monday, February 02, 2009

Surgery II--Update

Thursday afternoon I went in to have more tissue excised.

Doesn't that sound better than saying the surgeon hacked off another chunk of my boob?

I wasn't under as long, so I recovered faster. Except that I'm now taking a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is playing havoc with my stomach. (I am eating lots of yogurt.) And the bruising is turning my skin a lovely green-and-purple.

Next appointment is Wednesday to review the new pathology report. I'm praying the margins are now "clean" and this is the end of this stage. If not, then I'm looking at a mastectomy--or, as I prefer to think of it, becoming a left-handed Amazon.

Fortunately, I can do a lot of my job from home. Still, I find that there are files and things I need on my PC at work that I just don't have here.

I am truly touched by all the prayers and positive thoughts that have been sent my way. I have such a wonderful circle of friends and family!