Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Birthday and Have a Cup of Tea!


I admit I am a couple of days late with this, but it's been two years since I started blogging!

I've learned lot--mostly that writing every day is hard work. It takes a certain amount of commitment. My best ideas seem to occur when I don't have time to jot them down. (That might actually be a good thing!)

My personal highlight: a link from Michelle Malkin during the Dubai Ports brouhaha. I was able to add a little practical information--and I hope a little sanity--to the discussion.

I'd like to thank those of you who continue to listen to the ravings of this middle-aged wife and mom, who is essentially conservative in outlook (let's not throw the baby out with the bath water, please!). This is my soapbox in the very public Hyde Park of the blogsphere, ranting with the rest of the world. I appreciate those of you who choose to spend your valuable time here, rather than there. :)

Before anybody asks, that is not a picture of me as a child, although my mother tried to dress me like that on more than one occasion. Including my birthday. Tea parties in dainty dresses was just not my style.