Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Welcome!

After a year of reading OPBs (Other People's Blogs), I decided to create one of my own. So, welcome to my tea party!

By way of introduction... I am a mid-Boomer female, wife to Hubs, mom to DS#1, DD#1, DS#2, and DD#2. I thought about giving the kids "cute" nicknames like "Irresistable Force," "Immovable Object," etc., but that could get out of hand. Not to mention that I'd end up abbreviating their nicknames because I'm lazy. I once was described as "not what you'd expect from a Roman Catholic Girl Scout." Scouting--Boy and Girl--is our family hobby. As for my Catholicism, I'm to the left of Mel Gibson and to the right of Martin Sheen. I'm conservative by inclination.

I love to read. I love to write. I love photography and rubber stamping. I love music, but I'm not very good at it. Hubs is, though. My favorite vacation is camping, preferably by water and hiking. My favorite spot to camp is Yosemite, although the McCloud River is a very close second.

All manner of topics are open, but remember: mind your manners. Play nicely. Sit up straight. Don't slurp your tea out of your saucer. And remember, pinkies up!